Five Reasons Being Single for the Holidays Is the Best
December 18, 2014
It’s that time again! Time to watch cliché romantic holiday movies with the cat, consume large amounts of cookies and not be kissed under the mistletoe. But you know what? Despite what some may think, it’s not too bad. There are plenty of reasons why being single during the holiday season is the best!
- You don’t have to buy presents for your partner. Sure, you have to get something for your mom or your best friend. But there’s no enormous expectation to live up to. You don’t have to plan for months to get that “perfect” gift, or waste your last three paychecks on one person. Plus, you know who’s always easy to shop for and always gets you everything in the right size? You!
- You get to eat more cookies. When you’re down to your very last cookie, you need not worry about sharing with your partner. You may not have anyone to make snow angels with, but at least you have the last chocolate chip cookie all to yourself!
- You don’t have to look nice, ever. When the weather turns icy, all you want to do is snuggle up in some sweats with a mug of cocoa. But if you’re with someone, you can feel obligated to do ridiculous things like dress nicely and brush your hair. No significant other? Then, no problem.
- More time spent with family and friends. You may be single, but you won’t be alone! When you’re single, you can focus on your family and friends. They know you better than you know yourself, so give them some well-deserved you time this holiday season. You won’t even have to feel guilty for blowing off your clingy date.
- You can mingle at parties. When you aren’t attached to someone at the hip, you can spend your time meeting new people. Holiday parties are great places to make connections and spread some cheer. Who knows? Maybe you’ll meet someone to be with for next year.