Posts tagged "Harvey Milk"
- Thank you for sharing your values. Our values and the law say that someone cannot consent to sexual behaviors when they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Also, you may be confusing the terms sex and gender/gender identity. Sex refers to person’s biological makeup of sex organs and chromosomes that marks them as male, female or intersex. While gender/gender identity has nothing to do with biology. Gender identity refers to a person’s inner feelings and understanding about being a man, a woman, neither or a combination. Sometimes, these feelings will match one’s sex organs, called being cisgender. Or a person may be transgender, meaning their inner sense and understanding of their gender does not match their sex organs. Or a person may be genderqueer, meaning they identify with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders.
- I know that it is illegal but I believe that if someone consents, even under the influence, should be responsible for their actions. Also, the term "Genderqueer" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You are either a male or a female. It is basic biology.
- Hi RationalHumanBeing, Thanks for your comment. Our forums and comments are moderated that means that after someone posts a thread or comment it is invisible to everyone but our staff members. A staff member reads, replies to and approves comments during the work day. Our SexExpert works Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM Eastern Time. Questions or comments posted outside of these times will be answered during the next business day. We just ask that our users be patient and check the FAQs if they need to learn more right away. While we understand that there are a range of values and beliefs around this issue, legally when someone is under the influence of drugs or alcohol they are not able to consent. It’s not the person who was drinking’s fault, but it is the fault of whoever takes advantage of someone who is drunk. Genderqueer is a way of describing one’s gender that does not include the current terms of man, woman or transgender. Someone who identifies as “genderqueer” may not feel like the terms man, woman or transgender accurately reflect how they feel. While we also understand that people also have a range of values and beliefs on this issue, science tells us that gender exists outside of the binary of just male or female. We accept all identities here at Sex, Etc. You may find this article helpful: http://sexetc.org/info-center/post/coming-genderqueer/
- So, if someone makes the decision to get drunk and consent it is the other persons fault? That's stupid. People should know that if they get drunk and choose to have sex it is their fault. You can't just say "I got drunk, said yes, and regretted it. He raped me." That is a stupid system. Just because people choose to get drunk or high doesn't mean that they should be exempt from consequences. What is next? Will people start saying that DUI's shouldn't exist because they were drunk and couldn't ask for the car's consent before putting the key in? Also, (PS) to the people who made this website "qenderqueer" doesn't exist. You are either a male or female.
- I totally agree with Carly.About the pressures from beliefs and that it's a personal choice.I basically stand with that as well.